When we think of fall, we imagine warm orange tones, bright yellows and gold, and the vibrant reds. The air is cooler and crisp. We can shut off the air-conditioners, open the windows and let the cooler breeze freshen every room in the house.
This is also a time when people are out and about, taking walks or long drives, and more likely to stop in and take a peek when they see an Open House sign. It’s also the historic “Fall Market,” a time when people buying and selling their home in Waltham, MA see a peak of activity, and many in the housing market make the decision to move.
While fall is a great time sell your house, there are few points to remember to help you take advantage of this great timing:
- Don’t wait - you must act quickly, as once snow hits the ground, your odds of gaining top dollar for your home may decrease.
- This advice also goes for how long your home sits on the market. The longer it sits, the lower the price it may command.
- If you can’t compete with the existing inventory in style, you must compete with price.
- It is crucial that you find the right Realtor in Waltham, MA to not only command the best price but to also guide you through the process, negotiate effectively and ultimately get the home sold quickly.
- It is no surprise that the competition is fierce. A great Waltham Realtor will market your house effectively to ensure it outpaces the competition.
- Curb appeal is vital to ensuring your house is ready to sell. Your property should have a well-maintained appearance. Bushes and shrubs should be neatly trimmed, walkways swept and cleared, and leaves and debris removed. Windows should be cleaned inside and out. Remember, first impressions are everything!
Fall is one of the most competitive markets by far, but if you have a great Waltham Realtor, it’s their job to make your home the most appealing and to ensure the competitive advantage works in your favor, no matter what the season.